Rhodes is a remarkable island. The Old Town is a Unesco site – and in this post I will explain why. Firstly, the walls. Their current shape dates from the 14th and 15th centuries. The main builders were the Knights of St John who then occupied the island. Not only is Rhodes a perfect walled […]Read More
- An Ode to Rio
- Extra section cut from Rainbow Diary
- What does Metz look like?
- Unfortunate Swiss names
- People of Kea – photo reportage
- Where to go on the Alsace wine route
- Why is Coffee so Expensive in Greece?
- The Nabokov Museum in St Petersburg
- What to do if your images are used without permission online
- Lee Kuan Yew: my obituary