I saw a competition for travel writing openers recently and I shook my head. I wish I could wave a wand and remove Opening Sentence Stress from budding travelogue writers. You see, I don’t think the opening sentence important. The opening paragraph is. Let me emphasise that this doesn’t apply to articles or short stories. […]Read More
- Hungarian nine-course dinner
- Baking in the sand Greek-style
- What does Metz look like?
- The Nabokov Museum in St Petersburg
- A tale of Crime and Punishment on Skopelos
- The Chilean Lake District
- Greek Phrases in English: Zolotas’ speech
- My Interview with My Destination
- Greek railways : a lament
- Franglais or Just English?