As if Switzerland isn’t peculiar enough, it has a corner – or rather several scattered ones – where Romansch, its fourth official language is spoken. These corners tend to be where Italian meets German meets Frenchand that’s what the language looks like: a mixture between the three with a Latin-based vocabulary but with a German […]Read More
- Sherlock Holmes in Switzerland
- Five Days on Easter Island – II
- Berlin: Is there anything left from the old GDR?
- Memories of Kaikoura
- What do airline initials really mean?
- In the steps of Raskolnikoff: Crime and Punishment Locations
- Print or Blog? (In Praise of Editors)
- Lee Kuan Yew: my obituary
- The chimney pots of Sifnos
- The Antikythera Wreck