I am a sucker for stained glass; I consider them comic books from another era. They taught stories about religion to those who couldn’t read and as such I find them fascinating. Occasionally they resemble medieval cartoons. Now Freiburg Cathedral has one of the best stained glass window collections in Europe. The bishop of the […]Read More
- Where the hell is Kythnos?
- Living like a sports star in Barbados
- The Corinth Canal
- Bizzare Cyclades
- Christopher Hitchens and the Elgin Marbles
- Ukraine or The Ukraine? A mistaken overcorrection
- Berlin: Is there anything left from the old GDR?
- On the trail of Chatwin in Gaiman, Patagonia
- What to do if your images are used without permission online
- Dead Russians: St Petersburg Composers & Writers