It was a dozen kilometres north of today’s Porto Seguro that Pedro Álvares Cabral claimed Brazil for the Portuguese Crown on 22 April 1500. Note that I don’t say discovered Brazil. It’s not out of an overtly strong sensitivity about the Eurocentric word ‘discovery’, no. It’s because he simply didn’t. There had been at least […]Read More
- Greek Myths – Part One
- Paraty: Masons and Pirates in Brazil
- List of celebrities who died in 2016
- What to do in Ushuaia and Tierra Del Fuego
- Singapore in London
- What do you call someone from..
- A primer on Hungarian pop
- The church of Notre-Dame-des-Malades, Vichy
- What does Metz look like?
- Oscar Schindler’s factory today