I am not one of the giants of the literary establishment who regularly consorted with Christopher Hitchens, the great polemicist who died on December 15 after a two-year battle with cancer. I am just one of the lucky ones who met him fleetingly and were dazzled by his personality. Unlike many, I didn’t argue with […]Read More
- What do you call someone from..
- Dead Russians: St Petersburg Composers & Writers
- Valparaíso, Latin Eurovision and Chilean Wine Recommendations
- Greek Comedy: Paying Tax
- Paraty: Masons and Pirates in Brazil
- Five Days on Easter Island – I
- Eating in a three-star Michelin restaurant
- Where the hell is Kythnos?
- Tarasp: The Castle That a Mouthwash Built
- What next for Greece?