The colonial town of Paraty (or, as locals spell it, Paratí, with the accent on the last syllable), has been my secret Brazilian embarrassment. It is only now, on my sixth trip to Brazil, that I managed to visit it. As it is the first tourist stopover outside Rio, everyone assumed this Brazil expert who’d […]Read More
- Best and Worst of the Cyclades
- What to pack on a trip
- The most beautiful toilet in the world
- Puerto Natales and Patagonia
- Christopher Hitchens and the Elgin Marbles
- Stained Glass Windows: Medieval Cartoon Books
- A Tourist’s Guide to the Hungarian Revolution Part 2
- Paraty: Masons and Pirates in Brazil
- Why is Coffee so Expensive in Greece?
- What do you call someone from..