RIP Hector Babenco, my favourite South American film director (Pixote, Kiss of the Spider Woman, Carandiru). I was lucky enough to hear him talk in the London Film Festival when he presented Carandiru in 2003. Most people – including myself – first came across Brazilian cinema with the 1981 film Pixote, a Cannes Festival stunner. […]Read More
- The church of Notre-Dame-des-Malades, Vichy
- Images of the Okavango Delta
- The Nafplion komboloï museum
- My grand Bucharest Hotel
- Chablis Heaven
- On the trail of Chatwin in Gaiman, Patagonia
- Berlin: Is there anything left from the old GDR?
- Five Days on Easter Island – II
- French Opening Hours
- What next for Greece?