I am a big cave and rock paintings fan and I have hiked in some god-forsaken places in the Andes and South Africa to admire the remnants of whichever culture has left their marks on the rocks. The Chauvet cave has been described as a prehistoric Sistine chapel, forever closed to the casual visitor, but […]Read More
- Homage to Oscar Niemeyer
- The Day The Berlin Wall Came Down
- Greece: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- How to complain if your credit card has been overcharged in Greece
- What do you call someone from..
- Swiss Romansch
- Dead Russians: St Petersburg Composers & Writers
- Tarasp: The Castle That a Mouthwash Built
- Confessions of a Guidebook Writer
- What do airline initials really mean?