The Semana Santa in Seville, Andalucia’s sprightly capital, is the week of religious celebrations that takes place between Palm Sunday (Domingo de Ramos) and Easter Sunday (Domingo de Resurrección) every year. It is the biggest and most renowned Easter festival in Spain; the locals know it, so prices double and treble during this period. Me, […]Read More
- The strange cult of St Demetrius in Thessaloniki
- My 2013: Review of a year in Travel
- Franglais or Just English?
- A primer on Hungarian pop
- The church of Notre-Dame-des-Malades, Vichy
- Berlin: Is there anything left from the old GDR?
- What does Metz look like?
- My Top Movies and TV programs
- To all my Editors with Love..
- The Antikythera Wreck